FRANCISCO Perez Trigueros has sparked outrage after posting a mocked up picture of a Spanish invasion of Gibraltar on Facebook.
The image, which shows soldiers marching through the British territory and fighter jets sweeping overhead flying the Spanish flag, was uploaded by the mayor of Callosa de Segura yesterday.
A Gibraltar-based activist group told the politician to ’go to hell’ while others accused him of using the dispute over the territory as a political stunt to deflect from the country’s high rate of unemployment.
The picture was posted ahead of a meeting today between Gibraltar’s chief minister, Fabian Picardo and British prime minister David Cameron.
Residents were yesterday made to queue for up to three hours while customs officials continued their go slow.
Is the dispute warranted? Find out more about the reef at the centre of the trouble here.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40