FIFTY-year-old Justo Márquez, plans to help resolve Spain’s dispute with Gibraltar by carrying a three-metre high cross on a peace march.
Márquez began in Fuengirola, carrying the ten-kilo fold-up wooden cross which is three metres high by two metres wide.
Hailing from Nerja, the religious fanatic believes that God is the only one who can really solve the situation.
However, he is looking for places to stay, as he only started his journey with a baguette and a bottle of water and a load of placards.
His body is a message board, and he will alternate the signs to say ‘No more hunger, no more war, peace on Earth’.
Márquez, who hopes other people he meets will join him on his march, will go on a hunger strike once he reaches Gibraltar.
“I won’t eat or drink for 24 hours so that God intervenes in the conflict,” he explains.
“I’m not demanding The Rock becomes Spanish or British, I just want the dispute to end.”
In 2009, Marquez walked from Granada to Madrid, for a water dispute with a relative – his quest failed when emergency workers found him semiconscious in a ditch.
- VIDEO: Nightmare returns for illegal homeowners in Spain as Junta once again demolishes foreigners homes - 16 Oct, 2013 @ 08:00
- VIDEO: Two British-owned homes have been demolished in Spain and two more will come down this week - 15 Oct, 2013 @ 11:44
- Spanish name for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez’s baby boy - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 12:13
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Police release new e-fits in connection with Maddie McCann disappearance - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 10:23
- Louis Vuitton collaborates with Spanish illustrator to create new shopping app ads - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 17:50
- Hilarious holiday complaints revealed by travel company - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 14:16
- Have Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova broken up? - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 08:09
- Protesters strip naked to make a point against animal cruelty - 12 Oct, 2013 @ 14:11
- Spanish doctor ordered to pay up for mis-diagnosis of Wolf Man - 11 Oct, 2013 @ 06:00
- Three netball teams join to raise money for Macmillan Cancer - 9 Oct, 2013 @ 11:27