TOO much exercise can damage teen health, say experts.
A study found that over exercising is just as bad for teenagers as too little, with a guideline for teens of 14 hours a week.
Regular exercise is known to have a positive impact on mental and physical well being, reducing stress and anxiety and boosting self esteem and brain power.
But experts say any more than 17.5 hours a week has a detrimental effect.
The study, carried out by Swiss scientists, involved more than 1200 teens over one year.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40