MARBELLA is a classic petrolhead’s paradise.
You only have to take a cruise up the Golden Mile from the centre of town to Puerto Banus and you will pass, or more likely be passed, by an exotic collection of machinery including Porsches, Ferraris, Bentleys and more recently McLarens.
The town sells more luxury cars than practically anywhere else in Spain.
So it is no surprise to find so many upmarket dealerships in town, including VIP Cars and No1 Cars Marbella in a nearby industrial zone, which offer a full range of services by British trained mechanics.
Heading in the other direction towards Estepona, you will find C. de Salamanca and Guarnieri selling the types of cars most can only dream of – Maseratis, McLarens and Rolls Royces.
Another well established dealer Miguel Domenech has been selling dream cars for over two years having made the decision to relocate from his native Sevilla and considers the Costa del Sol one of the best places to sell.
“In the last six months we have seen the market getting busier and busier,” he told the Olive Press. “I was involved in the luxury car business in Sevilla and when the crisis hit it was at its worst, but I didn’t want to leave the high end of the market”.
So what is Miguel’s dream car for the Costa del Sol? “Well, I drive to Sevilla a lot so for me it has to be something practical like an Audi A4 or A6 Avant.
“The most popular cars among my clients however are the Mercedes and BMWs. Though I suppose my perfect car would be a convertible Bentley!”.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44