Scroll down for video
A TRILBY-WEARING robber was forced to flee red-faced from a shop in Sevilla after staff refused to take him seriously.
The fashion-conscious criminal entered a pharmacy just before closing time, held a gun up to staff and demanded money.
But the pharmacist, Amaru Barrios Ruiz, 27, simply pushed the gun away and ignored the man, while other customers remained oblivious. The robber then turned to another member of staff, who also ignored him, before walking dumbfounded back out the door.
The botched robbery was caught on CCTV and has since been viewed across the world on Youtube.
Mr Ruiz said: “It was pretty bizarre really, both for us and I guess especially for him. He wanted to rob us and more or less got ignored.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44