THE world’s most glamorous football team may soon have the world’s most glamorous sponsor.
Real Madrid chiefs have called a press conference for tomorrow after holding talks with technology giants Microsoft in Spain’s capital today.
It has been rumoured that the talks are to do with the naming rights for Real Madrid’s iconic Bernabeu Stadium.
President Florentino Perez spoke recently about giving the stadium a ‘new surname’ and now it seems the Santiago Bernabeu Microsoft stadium is a frontrunner.
Madrid are looking for ways to finance planned renovation work at the stadium.
The announcement is scheduled to be made at 6.30pm tomorrow evening from the Bernabeu.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36