AN irate Gibraltarian was shocked to discover that he was unable to support the Parisian terror victims, by buying a copy of ‘Charlie Ebdon’.
“This morning I have been to all newsagents to buy a copy of the newspaper Charlie Ebdon, to support the muslims and Jewish victims murdered by the terrorists,” ranted Brian Peralta on Facebook.
“While every other EU country are supporting the victims by buying the Charlie Ebdon, it has been banned in Gibraltar.”
A number of other Gibraltarians got in comments such as, ‘Maybe it’s because you’ve been looking for the wrong mag, mate,’ before Brian was able to correct his mistake.
A spokesperson for the Gibraltar Government insisted: “It is ridiculous to suggest that there is any form of ban. To our knowledge this magazine has never been on sale in Gibraltar in the past and it is unlikely that retailers will suddenly start to sell it today. But we repeat, there is no ban.”
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05