FAMOUS sportsmen and politicians have gathered in Marbella for a charity conference.
The conference – called ‘Be inspired’ – was hosted by the American College of Marbella, at Teatro Goya.
While raising funds for the Cesare Scariolo Foundation and Cudeca Hospice, the conference – directed by Pancho Campo – was also about how to confront stressful situations or illnesses.
Several guest speakers discussed their experiences via video link, including former Wimbledon, French and US Open champion Manolo Santana; television presenter Frank de la Jungla; and Juan Verde, advisor to US President Barack Obama.
The conference also raised more than €700 for Cudeca Hospice.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05