MAYBE they’re intrepid or maybe it’s the weather, but Brits are the biggest travellers in Europe, a recent survey has revealed.
UK residents visit an average of nine countries and fly 16 times over the course of their lives, while the average Spaniard visits six countries and boards a plane 13 times.
Unsurprisingly, less than one in 10 Spaniards travel ‘to escape bad weather’, while a similarly low 12% of Brits prioritised good weather in their holiday plans.
The main travel motive for the British is to enjoy time with family (38%), while Spaniards get away to relieve stress (48%) – not such a priority for the French (19%).
The Last Minute.com study on 6,000 itchy-footed Europeans across the UK, France, Italy, Germany and Spain was in honour of World Tourism Day on September 27.
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- British tourists’ spending up in first quarter of 2019 with Andalucia the main destination for UK holidaymakers - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 09:25