SPANISH universities are eager to attract more foreign students.
Currently, only 2.9% of international students studying in Europe opt for Spanish universities.
The UK, Switzerland and Austria see the largest number of European students in Europe, accounting for 51% of all of Europe’s international students.
Dr Carlos Conde Solares, a Senior Lecturer in Hispanic Studies at the University of Northumbria, UK puts Spain’s unpopularity down to three things: ‘lack of prestige’, ‘political rigidness of individual universities’ and ‘lack of funds spent on advertising’.Click to download our FREE guide to Education on the Costa del Sol and Gibraltar
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23