SPANISH universities are eager to attract more foreign students.
Currently, only 2.9% of international students studying in Europe opt for Spanish universities.
The UK, Switzerland and Austria see the largest number of European students in Europe, accounting for 51% of all of Europe’s international students.
Dr Carlos Conde Solares, a Senior Lecturer in Hispanic Studies at the University of Northumbria, UK puts Spain’s unpopularity down to three things: ‘lack of prestige’, ‘political rigidness of individual universities’ and ‘lack of funds spent on advertising’.Click to download our FREE guide to Education on the Costa del Sol and Gibraltar
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38