AS the international press predicts a bumper year for Spanish tourism thanks to the many ‘off-limit’ countries, some local businesses are already making plans to deal with the boom.
One rural hotel in the Serrania de Ronda has seen advance reservations rise by 60% on the same time last year.
Molino del Santo, now in its 30th year, is so confident of a bumper season that it is looking for new staff before its doors have even opened.
Although there are over 20 staff who have ‘guaranteed’ jobs, the management foresees 2016 trade increasing to a level that will require more hands.
The award-winning restaurant and hotel traditionally employ local people wherever possible. However, they now need a fluent English and Spanish speaker to complement the existing team.
“We are a restaurant that prides itself on high standards in all we do,” says Manager and Owner Pauline Elkin.
“We know that staff selection is crucial to our continued success so we are exploring many avenues to find the right person.”
Co-Manager and Owner Andy Chapell adds that the hotel needs ‘a very special person’ with experience of the hospitality trade to help lead the restaurant team – a new role for 2016.
If you are a bilingual (English and Spanish) speaker capable of organising a team and who enjoys the hospitality industry, there is an opportunity to join the special atmosphere of an award-winning hotel.
Contact via e-mail: [email protected] – tell your story and explain why you would be ideal to fill the vacancy.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00