WITH an incredible 71 Michelin stars together under one roof, the A Cuatro Manos opening night wasn’t going to be anything less than fabulous.
Andalucia’s top chef Dani Garcia’s gastronomical four day event saw the likes of Ferran Adria, Daniel Humm and Sebastian Frank come together to pay homage to the great French chef Joel Robuchon.
Guests that included the Mayor of Marbella Jose Bernal were treated to rounds of curious cocktails while the world-famous chefs mingled with the crowds.
Superstar Daniel Humm, whose Eleven Madison Park restaurant in New York is rated number five in the world, told the Olive Press: “If you want to be relevant today in food you have to experience Spain, Spain is so important to gastronomy today.”
On the legendary Joel Robuchon, who was in attendance, Humm added: “There are only a few chefs in history who have really made such an impact and Robuchon is definitely one of them.”
The opening night saw the chefs prepare a menu of 20 of the French maestro’s most iconic dishes at Puente Romano resort’s Dani Garcia restaurant.
John Thomson, food and drink manager for the Puente Romano group said: “It is incredible, this is the most amount of Michelin stars that have ever been under one roof in Spain, and possibly in Europe! It’s pretty unprecedented and the event seems to be growing each year.”
The four-day event ends on Thursday, with each day throwing up different challenges and exhibitions from the host of international chefs.
Olive Press editor Jon Clarke met and interviewed many of the leading culinary lights, including his ‘food hero’ Ferran Adria, man of the moment Joel Robuchon and Humm himself, who invited him to review his New York restaurant when possible (ED: Unlikely any time soon, sadly).
Look out for the feature in next week’s edition of the Olive Press.
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16
- Bomb threat sees thousands evacuated from Madrid skyscraper home to British embassy - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 13:49