WITH an incredible 71 Michelin stars together under one roof, the A Cuatro Manos opening night wasn’t going to be anything less than fabulous.
Andalucia’s top chef Dani Garcia’s gastronomical four day event saw the likes of Ferran Adria, Daniel Humm and Sebastian Frank come together to pay homage to the great French chef Joel Robuchon.
Guests that included the Mayor of Marbella Jose Bernal were treated to rounds of curious cocktails while the world-famous chefs mingled with the crowds.
Superstar Daniel Humm, whose Eleven Madison Park restaurant in New York is rated number five in the world, told the Olive Press: “If you want to be relevant today in food you have to experience Spain, Spain is so important to gastronomy today.”
On the legendary Joel Robuchon, who was in attendance, Humm added: “There are only a few chefs in history who have really made such an impact and Robuchon is definitely one of them.”
The opening night saw the chefs prepare a menu of 20 of the French maestro’s most iconic dishes at Puente Romano resort’s Dani Garcia restaurant.
John Thomson, food and drink manager for the Puente Romano group said: “It is incredible, this is the most amount of Michelin stars that have ever been under one roof in Spain, and possibly in Europe! It’s pretty unprecedented and the event seems to be growing each year.”
The four-day event ends on Thursday, with each day throwing up different challenges and exhibitions from the host of international chefs.
Olive Press editor Jon Clarke met and interviewed many of the leading culinary lights, including his ‘food hero’ Ferran Adria, man of the moment Joel Robuchon and Humm himself, who invited him to review his New York restaurant when possible (ED: Unlikely any time soon, sadly).
Look out for the feature in next week’s edition of the Olive Press.
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25
- British expat arrested for starting forest fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 May, 2019 @ 21:15
- Top British rugby player fighting for his life after falling from major Spain airport car park - 20 May, 2019 @ 16:54
- British expat benefits cheat who stole more than €90,000 from UK coffers while living on Spain’s Costa del Sol given 900 YEARS to pay back debt - 20 May, 2019 @ 10:56
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40