KITESURFERS have launched a petition to improve beach safety after the deaths of two young surfers in Tarifa.
Tereza Jelinkova and an unnamed 30-year-old German drowned off Los Lances beach on Sunday after getting into trouble at sea.
Another young man had to be resuscitated on the beach.
Reports suggest the three kitesurfers were unable to get out of the water after their lines got tangled.
So far over 1,000 people have signed the petition demanding Tarifa town hall installs permanent all-year watch towers and first-aid facilities at the beach.
Ania Kondera, a friend of Teresa, posted on Facebook: “Kitesurfing brings millions into the economy. Safety is not much to ask for in return.”
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00