HE bowed out of this world on a golf course in Spain… But the scale of Bing Crosby’s obsession with the world’s greens and fairways has only just been unveiled.
In a new tell-all book – 18 Holes With Bing: Golf, Life and Lessons from Dad – his son Daniel reveals that the American singer was a member of 75 golf clubs.
In addition to running the Bing Crosby National Pro-Am, the crooner was a strong player himself, even qualifying for the 1940 US Amateur championship.
Crosby, whose hits included Swinging on a Star, died of a heart attack in 1977 after completing a day’s golf at Madrid’s La Moraleja golf course.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36