SPAIN will top the International Monetary Fund’s property market table this year following mammoth increases in UK and Swedish investments.
Figures from the Organisation for Economic Development (OECD) reveal UK buyers accounted for 21% of sales last year, while Swedish sales increased by 220%, accounting for 6%.
The statistics show that it is still possible to acquire a bargain in Spain, with property undervalued by 26%.
In contrast, the UK and Swedish markets were overvalued by 7% and 114% respectively.
“The Spanish housing market has experienced an encouraging start to the year and with an increasing number of overseas buyers looking to Spain, I would expect this positive trend to continue during the coming months,” said Marc Pritchard, Sales and Marketing Director for Taylor Wimpey España.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20