SPAIN will top the International Monetary Fund’s property market table this year following mammoth increases in UK and Swedish investments.
Figures from the Organisation for Economic Development (OECD) reveal UK buyers accounted for 21% of sales last year, while Swedish sales increased by 220%, accounting for 6%.
The statistics show that it is still possible to acquire a bargain in Spain, with property undervalued by 26%.
In contrast, the UK and Swedish markets were overvalued by 7% and 114% respectively.
“The Spanish housing market has experienced an encouraging start to the year and with an increasing number of overseas buyers looking to Spain, I would expect this positive trend to continue during the coming months,” said Marc Pritchard, Sales and Marketing Director for Taylor Wimpey España.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19