IT’S not just British royalty, Premiership footballers and Saudi princes who head to Marbella in the summer months.
Ian Shaffer, founder of BQ Watches, one of Europe’s leading buyers and sellers of luxury watches and specialising in Rolex and all luxury watches, has also been coming to Marbella for many years.
He comes to relax but is always inundated with questions about watches and jewellery – after all, his firm is a top buyer of Breitling, Omega, Patek Phillipe and other high end jewellery, diamonds, and gold coins.
The company has been buying watches and jewellery from all over the world for more than 30 years.
In fact, on a recent trip to Luxembourg an elderly gentleman came to a BQ Watches roadshow with a badly beaten old Rolex Submariner from the 1960s expecting around €600.
The watch turned out to be the same model Rolex as worn by Sean Connery in an early James Bond movie.
He was astounded when BQW paid him €41,600 for his watch.
Founder Ian has decided to bring his roadshow to the Coral Beach Hotel in Marbella this year and will be there with his team from June 13-15 from 10am until 5.30pm.
Bring your goods for a free valuation without any appointment or obligation to sell.
For more information call +34 911 230 491 or email [email protected]
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14