MICHELLE Obama and her teen daughters will visit Liberia, Morocco and Spain at the end of June.
The First Lady will travel with daughters Malia and Sasha to promote education for girls, the White House has revealed.
She will first visit a Peace corps training center in Kakata and a school in Unification Town to talk to young women about the challenges they face in trying to stay in school.
She will then join Meryl Streep in Morocco on June 28 and 29 to discuss committments made by the US and Morocco to help girls to go to school.
Michelle will round off her trip by giving a speech in Madrid about her Let Girls Learn global initiative, which hopes to harness government and private sector resources to promote education for girls.
It’s not the first time the first family have visited Spain, having holidayed in Marbella and Ronda in 2010.
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19
- Iconic restaurant on Spain’s Costa del Sol divides opinion over sign declaring it ‘Spanish, Catholic and rightwing’ - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 16:54