A STUDENT in Ireland turned down holidays to Spain so he could maintain his attendance record.
Alan O’Reilly, 17, has not missed a day at his Scoil San Carlo Primary school in Confey for an amazing 13 years.
Mum Tara O’Reilly said he made it his mission to uphold his record at four years old after his teacher commented that he hadn’t missed a day that year.
Not one to pull a sickie, Alan’s mum claims he was more likely to pretend he wasn’t ill just so he could show up.
He even opted to stay at home with his grandad while his whole family jetted off to Spain for a family wedding.
Confey college principal Mike O’Byrne paid tribute and awarded the dedicated student at their graduation ceremony.
Alan hopes to fly through his exams and study human resources management at the National College of Ireland come September.
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29