IN a unique experiment, operatic singing legend Juan Diego Florez had his brain scanned as he was fed food created by culinary masterchef Ferran Adria.
The scientific endeavour took place in the BulliLab of Barcelona, ??where Adrià has his headquarters.
The experiment saw the pair adorn specialist headgear that can measure the brain’s neurological reactions to emotions felt.
Florez tried seven of Adria’s creations while Ferran listened to the tenor interpret six songs.
Florez was told to close his eyes and relax as the mechanisms surrounding his head scanned his brain’s responses and a polygraph measured his galvanic skin reaction.
He was fed the ‘miniairbag’ ham bull, Neguiri with lime sauce, razor clams with Umeboshi sauce, pink grapefruit with ginger and oysters with gazpacho sauce and kumquat.
Ferran was wired up while listening to Juan play emotive songs like the Italian classic O Sole Mio.
“It’s as special as when Miguel Barcelo began painting at elBulli or when Robert De Niro came,” he said.
“We are fortunate to live such incredible experiences.”
The experiment was conducted by Telefonica, the telecommunications giant the pair are both ambassadors for.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33