IN a unique experiment, operatic singing legend Juan Diego Florez had his brain scanned as he was fed food created by culinary masterchef Ferran Adria.
The scientific endeavour took place in the BulliLab of Barcelona, ??where Adrià has his headquarters.
The experiment saw the pair adorn specialist headgear that can measure the brain’s neurological reactions to emotions felt.
Florez tried seven of Adria’s creations while Ferran listened to the tenor interpret six songs.
Florez was told to close his eyes and relax as the mechanisms surrounding his head scanned his brain’s responses and a polygraph measured his galvanic skin reaction.
He was fed the ‘miniairbag’ ham bull, Neguiri with lime sauce, razor clams with Umeboshi sauce, pink grapefruit with ginger and oysters with gazpacho sauce and kumquat.
Ferran was wired up while listening to Juan play emotive songs like the Italian classic O Sole Mio.
“It’s as special as when Miguel Barcelo began painting at elBulli or when Robert De Niro came,” he said.
“We are fortunate to live such incredible experiences.”
The experiment was conducted by Telefonica, the telecommunications giant the pair are both ambassadors for.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29