A DOLL dressed up as a passenger has landed one driver a €200 fine after he tried to cheat the carpool lane.
Guardia Civil officers in Madrid grew suspicious when they saw the child-like figure adorning a zipped up hoodie and hat despite the blistering heat.
On closer inspection, the sunglass-wearing figure was found to be a life-like doll the man had attempted to pass off as his daughter.
The man was travelling on the busy A-6 motorway, which connects Madrid to the North-West of Spain, when he was pulled over in order to ‘explain his strange companion’.
Carpool lanes have been introduced in parts of the city to encourage people to travel together and reduce traffic.
Solo-drivers illegally using the Bus-VAO lane face a fine of €200, since it is designed to facilitate public buses and encourage commuters to car share.
However the practice of attempting to pass off dolls as passengers is said to have become increasingly commonplace in the capital.
A man was recently fined when it was discovered the tall-looking blonde bombshell riding next to him was infact a life-size blow up doll.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22