A DOLL dressed up as a passenger has landed one driver a €200 fine after he tried to cheat the carpool lane.
Guardia Civil officers in Madrid grew suspicious when they saw the child-like figure adorning a zipped up hoodie and hat despite the blistering heat.
On closer inspection, the sunglass-wearing figure was found to be a life-like doll the man had attempted to pass off as his daughter.
The man was travelling on the busy A-6 motorway, which connects Madrid to the North-West of Spain, when he was pulled over in order to ‘explain his strange companion’.
Carpool lanes have been introduced in parts of the city to encourage people to travel together and reduce traffic.
Solo-drivers illegally using the Bus-VAO lane face a fine of €200, since it is designed to facilitate public buses and encourage commuters to car share.
However the practice of attempting to pass off dolls as passengers is said to have become increasingly commonplace in the capital.
A man was recently fined when it was discovered the tall-looking blonde bombshell riding next to him was infact a life-size blow up doll.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13