A WHEELCHAIR user has been filmed speeding through cars on a busy Spanish road.
In a video that has since gone viral, the disabled man can be seen building up speed in the bus lane before weaving through the traffic on the Barcelona street.
A nearby motorcyclist, intrigued by his Formula One abilities, pulled out his phone to capture the speedster on film.
A police spokesperson said:
“We are aware of this incident but unfortunately there were no police officers or traffic police there at the time to tell the person to slow down,
“It is definitely illegal to ride a wheelchair in such a dangerous way, putting the safety of other road users, as well as yourself, at risk.”
Disability scooters can use the road only when there is no safe sidewalk.
Most can reach maximum speeds of around 8km/h but some can reach around 24.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19