JULY brought huge growth to Renfe, as over three million passengers chose the Spanish train service for their holidays.
Renfe reported that this represents a 4.6% increase from the same month last year.
Its high-speed arm AVE is responsible for the impressive growth, with 1,839,000 passengers using AVE in July, a 6.7% year-to-year increase.
And it seems that a fair number of these passengers headed to the Costa del Sol.
Malaga was among Renfe’s most popular destinations in the first half of the summer, along with Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, Valencia and Alicante.
- From Nerja to Manilva: How far has construction of the record-breaking La Senda Litoral walkway progressed? - 20 Aug, 2016 @ 17:53
- Holiday season boosts Spanish train service Renfe - 19 Aug, 2016 @ 14:40
- Floating lanterns banned from Manilva’s Luna Llena festival - 14 Aug, 2016 @ 14:00
- Basque Culinary World Prize awarded to Venezuelan chef - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Spain faces uphill battle to meet new EU emissions goals - 13 Aug, 2016 @ 12:00
- Nerja welcomes hometown World Combat Jujitsu champion - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 17:14
- Dani Garcia opens new restaurant in Puente Romano - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00
- Huge pharma company investing almost €300m into UK post-Brexit - 12 Aug, 2016 @ 09:52
- Spain paying €300m a year in pensions to people who are dead - 11 Aug, 2016 @ 09:02
- Evening horse racing on Sanlucar beach in August - 10 Aug, 2016 @ 16:00