A GROUP of expats have been left without water for the past six months.
The group in Villafranco del Guadalhorce have been given a series of excuses for the shortages that began in February.
According to bosses at Alhaurin el Grande, that administers the village, the problems began when a pipe split on private land.
The town hall insists that engineers have been unable to fix the breakage, despite knowing that the residents have no access to a regular water supply.
One British resident, Roy Packham, who has lived in Villafranco for 15 years, is furious that nothing is being done despite sending countless emails to the town hall.
Londoner Packham, 75, said: “The town hall has shown almost no interest. They simply blame the problem on the president of the community.”
He and his neighbours are being forced to use untreated canal water which they fear may be a risk to their health.
Roy is now considering installing a 5,000 litre deposit tank, but says he is reluctant to fork out its €1,000 cost.
“I cannot believe that, in this day and age, it has now been more than six months and still this problem has not been solved and that the Town Hall is not prepared to intervene.
“Water is a vital necessity of daily life and I am at a complete loss to know what further action I can take.”
His Spanish neighbour Diego Martin, 68, a retired police officer, added: “It’s terrible for everyone, especially in the summer months, lots of people are very angry.”
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40
- FLAG-RANT: Fabian Picardo steps in after American cruise ship infuriates Gibraltar with ‘Welcome to Gibraltor’ message printed on Spanish flag - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:09
- WATCH: Dramatic rescue after two ‘narco boats’ collide off Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 May, 2019 @ 15:29
- Mystery as expat and two Lithuanians found in busted van carrying €1 MILLION CASH en route to Malaga – but NONE of them claim ownership - 15 May, 2019 @ 12:31
- ‘SOMEONE MUST KNOW’: Grandmother of missing British lad who vanished with his father from Spain’s Costa del Sol makes heartfelt appeal - 15 May, 2019 @ 10:45