THE bodies of four family members have been found hacked to death inside a house in Spain.
The bodies, two of which were children aged around one and four, were discovered by a neighbour near Madrid after they smelt a strange odour coming from the house.
Town mayor Ricardo Garcia Lopez said neighbours of the family have told authorities that they were Brazilians who were renting the property.
The Guardia Civil have closed off the house in Pioz, 40 miles northeast of the capital, and have begun a thorough inspection.
It is thought the family have been dead for at least a month and that the killings were the work of professional hitmen who were hired to settle scores.
The deaths are believed to have been quick.
- Expats rally around British pensioner made homeless on Spain’s Costa del Sol as alleged ‘squatter tenants’ speak out - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 20:32
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09