MGM Marbella boxing gym want Irish olympian Michael Conlan to join their ranks.
The Belfast slugger is considering turning professional after vowing to never box in an AIBA-accredited competition again after he was ‘robbed’ of an Olympic medal in Rio.
Conlan – whose younger brother Jamie is already signed to the Marbella gym – believes judges were bribed in his olympic boxing contest with Russian Vladimir Nikitin.
Run by ex-fighter Matthew Macklin, MGM Marbella has come under scrutiny in recent months after a MGM weigh-in in Dublin was stormed by gunmen in February, sparking the Hutch-Kinahan gang war.
Mob boss Daniel Kinahan is closely linked to the gym, acting as the manager for a number of boxers.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36