SUSPECTED fraudster Jan Herman Brinkman has been tracked down in Marbella.
The alleged crook, accused of swindling dozens of victims on the Costa del Sol and his native Holland out of hundreds of thousands of euros in a string of property scams, was confronted by a Dutch television crew from Opgelicht, Holland’s top investigative crime show.
It comes after a number of Olive Press articles into the alleged fraudster, his father-in-law Jan Te Riet and wife Johanna Te Riet.
During the programme shown on Dutch tv channel NPO1 on Tuesday night, Brinkman was labelled a ‘career criminal’ with a trail of alleged victims stretching back to 2003.
In the film, one alleged victim, stuntman Peter Wicke, could be seen reading a copy of the original Olive Press exclusive into his case with Brinkman, in which Marbella-based Wicke claims he was conned in a fake €5million film deal.
Frank Ferris, another alleged victim of Brinkman who we featured in our last edition, is also seen being interviewed about Brinkman and his wife, who left him with unpaid rent and legal bills of €30,000 after moving into his Estepona home.
When Brinkman was approached by journalist Suzanne van Asseldonk, he walked silently to his Porsche Cayenne before driving off.
Police in Holland are believed to be investigating Brinkman, with the Dutchman also recently called in for questioning by Spanish authorities.
A court in Estepona is now looking into the alleged fraud of Toon Van de Wiel, who claims he lost more than €90,000 to Brinkman.
The full programme, in Dutch, can be seen here http://opgelicht.avrotros.nl/uitzending/uitzending-gemist/27-09-2016/fragment/1651/
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00