SPANISH police are to search for the body of a missing British mother after receiving confirmation of a ‘violent episode’ with her boyfriend.
Specialists will use ground-penetrating radar and underwater electronic equipment in a bid to locate the body of Lisa brown, 32, who disappeared from her home in Guadiaro, near Gibraltar, last November.
Her boyfriend Simon Corner, 34, has since been held on suspicion of killing her after he was detained in Denmark and extradited to Spain in April of this year.
The new search has been inspired by Madrid-based forensic specialists who analysed DNA found in bloodstains at Lisa’s home.
The results confirmed that a violent incident between the couple had taken place there.
DNA found on Lisa’s car, which Corner used, also came back with positive results.
The team are now trying to analyse data from three mobile phones which Corner was seen chucking into a harbour in Copenhagen earlier this year.
It was thought the information they held was destroyed, but a source has revealed the data on them has been recovered.
The source said: “The phones had been in the water for several hours by the time they were recovered and officers feared they had been rendered worthless.”
“But police specialists have been able to recover all the information on both the SIM cards and the handsets.
“Investigators are about to start analysing the material and are hopeful it will prove useful in the search for Lisa and the efforts to make sure those behind her disappearance face justice and punishment if proven guilty.”
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38