SPANISH police are to search for the body of a missing British mother after receiving confirmation of a ‘violent episode’ with her boyfriend.
Specialists will use ground-penetrating radar and underwater electronic equipment in a bid to locate the body of Lisa brown, 32, who disappeared from her home in Guadiaro, near Gibraltar, last November.
Her boyfriend Simon Corner, 34, has since been held on suspicion of killing her after he was detained in Denmark and extradited to Spain in April of this year.
The new search has been inspired by Madrid-based forensic specialists who analysed DNA found in bloodstains at Lisa’s home.
The results confirmed that a violent incident between the couple had taken place there.
DNA found on Lisa’s car, which Corner used, also came back with positive results.
The team are now trying to analyse data from three mobile phones which Corner was seen chucking into a harbour in Copenhagen earlier this year.
It was thought the information they held was destroyed, but a source has revealed the data on them has been recovered.
The source said: “The phones had been in the water for several hours by the time they were recovered and officers feared they had been rendered worthless.”
“But police specialists have been able to recover all the information on both the SIM cards and the handsets.
“Investigators are about to start analysing the material and are hopeful it will prove useful in the search for Lisa and the efforts to make sure those behind her disappearance face justice and punishment if proven guilty.”
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19