SPANISH police are to search for the body of a missing British mother after receiving confirmation of a ‘violent episode’ with her boyfriend.
Specialists will use ground-penetrating radar and underwater electronic equipment in a bid to locate the body of Lisa brown, 32, who disappeared from her home in Guadiaro, near Gibraltar, last November.
Her boyfriend Simon Corner, 34, has since been held on suspicion of killing her after he was detained in Denmark and extradited to Spain in April of this year.
The new search has been inspired by Madrid-based forensic specialists who analysed DNA found in bloodstains at Lisa’s home.
The results confirmed that a violent incident between the couple had taken place there.
DNA found on Lisa’s car, which Corner used, also came back with positive results.
The team are now trying to analyse data from three mobile phones which Corner was seen chucking into a harbour in Copenhagen earlier this year.
It was thought the information they held was destroyed, but a source has revealed the data on them has been recovered.
The source said: “The phones had been in the water for several hours by the time they were recovered and officers feared they had been rendered worthless.”
“But police specialists have been able to recover all the information on both the SIM cards and the handsets.
“Investigators are about to start analysing the material and are hopeful it will prove useful in the search for Lisa and the efforts to make sure those behind her disappearance face justice and punishment if proven guilty.”
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52