STEP aside San Miguel, catch a ride Cruzcampo, there’s a new brewery in town!
With its beers already stocked in thousands of bars around Spain, craft brewery Rondena is leading the way for artisan beers in Andalucia.
Set up in June 2015 by former Ronda car parts salesman Celedonio Arias, Rondena is going from strength-to-strength.
“Spaniards are really enjoying their craft beers now,” Celedonio explains. “I started this after watching videos on youtube. There was a gap in the market for really well-made beers.”
He added: “I do everything from fermenting the beer to bottling the product, it has been a lot of hard work but it is paying off.”
Stocked in bars along the coast from Malaga to Cadiz, Rondena beers are also making an appearance in watering holes in Granada, Sevilla and in Barcelona.
The brewery makes three types of beer: a refreshing blonde which Celedonio recommends as a pre-prandial aperitivo; a full pale ale designed to be supped over food; and a chocolatey stout that’s the perfect after-dinner drink (and my personal favourite).
And Celedonio means the business. As well as continuing to expand his brewery he wants to open a bar at his headquarters to serve up his beers for locals to enjoy.
Gift sets are also available and make the perfect birthday or Christmas present.
• For more info visit www.cervezasderonda.com or call 648 743 083
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36