SOME 36 provinces in Spain are on alert because of wind gusts, high seas or heavy rainfall.
The worst of the rain will fall in the south of Spain, with Andalucia expected to experience heavy or persistent downpours, according to the country’s weather agency AEMET.
Strong winds are also expected in the south and southwest of Spain.
While most regions are on the lighter yellow alert, which means there is no immediate danger to the public, Galicia has been placed on orange alert due to heavy seas and very strong winds.
Rain is forecast to fall for the rest of the week across Andalucia.
- ‘Paedo’ football coach facing 100 YEARS behind bars for allegedly abusing 25 children in British expat hotspot near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 16:12
- WATCH: Russian-backed ‘Mansions of Banus’ development part of €200 million portfolio penned for Marbella and Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 15:20
- British man dies after falling off pedalo in Spain despite green flags indicating sea was safe - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:33
- UNEARTHED: First Roman olive oil press EVER on Spain’s Costa del Sol as huge archaeology park planned - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 12:17
- British sex pest arrested in Marbella for harassing young woman with barrage of sexually explicit messages - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:54
- Boy, 8, dies in Spain after choking on hot dog during San Juan celebrations - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:30
- WATCH: Expat gives hilarious guide for boozy Brits heading to Marbella (WARNING: Not for the easily offended) - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 11:02
- SHAMEFUL: ‘Racist’ effigy mocking migrants shocks expats and locals ahead of San Juan celebrations on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 24 Jun, 2019 @ 10:42
- OPINION: The Junta de Andalucia’s budgets which benefit residents are a welcome sight after decades of corruption - 23 Jun, 2019 @ 11:44
- Report warns 20% of Spain’s olive farms could disappear within a decade - 22 Jun, 2019 @ 15:05