A SPANISH rapper has been sent to prison for his song lyrics.
Mallorcan Josep Miquel Arenas, also known as Valtonyc, has been sentenced to three and a half years for threats, glorifying terrorism and insulting the crown.
The rapper published videos on YouTube during 2012 and 2013 in which lyrics supported and justified terrorist organisations such as ETA, encouraging the group to recommence attacks.
Other lyrics also reference King Juan Carlos and the president of the Balearics Jorge Campos.
“If I had known I would have killed someone, it would have been cheaper,” Arenas said in a tweet.
- Green gold: Discovering the origins of avocados - 29 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Spain slammed by European Commission for inequality levels - 9 Mar, 2017 @ 14:30
- International Women’s Day: Women’s rights in Spain - 8 Mar, 2017 @ 09:00
- Marbella Town Hall creates 500 temporary jobs in bid to cut unemployment - 7 Mar, 2017 @ 14:50
- Malaga scientists in finals of Google contest to grow seeds on the moon - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 19:00
- 1000km/h ‘flying’ train designed by Valencia students - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 15:10
- Which animals are most at risk of extinction in Spain? - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 21:00
- Read the TripAdvisor reviews of 12 tourists who were not impressed by Andalucia - 4 Mar, 2017 @ 11:00
- Gay traffic lights introduced in Cadiz town - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Virtually all fossil fuel in Spain imported from abroad - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 17:00