According to the annual Made in Country Index, which ranks how products made in different countries are viewed, goods made in Germany are the most trusted.
The ‘Made in Country’ label was first introduced by the UK 130 years ago in a bid to protects its good from German imitations.
But the tables seem to have turned, with goods labelled ‘Made in UK’ coming in fourth on the index.
The UK brand was also beaten by ‘Made in the EU’, which came third, scoring highly in the categories of quality and technology.
The EU classification was only introduced by the European Commission in 2003, but has already won much respect and status around the world.
The survey, carried out by Statista, spoke to 40,000 global consumers.
German goods were associated with quality and safety, and were ranked number one by 13 countries, including Spain.
Spain came in at 20th on the list, with its products being especially appreciated in Latin America, North Africa and the Middle East.
The goods are seen as being good value for money, having good quality and design.
Second place went to Switzerland after it scored highly in status and authenticity.
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25