A FURIOUS axe-man attacked his neighbour after becoming enraged by a series of insults about his mother.
The attacker, in his 40s, reportedly swung at his 24-year-old neighbour’s head after the pair began arguing in Las Monjas.
The young man was left a slashed head and broken wrist and had to be rushed to the Axarquia General Hospital.
His injuries were not believed to be life-threatening.
Police were called to the incident and the axe-man was arrested at his home.
According to reports, the two families have a long-standing rivalry, with the two men having been separated after fighting previously.
In this latest flare-up, it was reportedly a series of mother-related insults which triggered the violent attack.
- Velez-Malaga Town Hall receives more than 180 tax claims - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 19:32
- Protesters march over Malaga mosquito problem - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 15:45
- Local pupils reenact victory over Britain - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 12:15
- Film about ancient treasure to be filmed in Rincon de la Victoria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 17:40
- Geothermal deposit found in Almeria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 15:58
- Estepona to host Circus festival - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 14:43
- Towns to unite to promote tourism - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 19:36
- Axarquia to host mental health conference - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 18:29
- Culture top reason tourists visit Andalucia - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 14:20
- Alleged axe attack in Axarquia - 14 Jun, 2017 @ 19:02