A GEOTHERMAL deposit has been discovered in Almeria.
Located in the fields of Nijar, the area is 490 below the ground, and has an average temperature of 41.8C.
Sacyr Industrial will build a geothermal plant in the region next August, initially covering 24 hectares.
After a second survey, this capacity could potentially double.
The initial development plans foresee the construction of three plants in just two years, and a much faster development after that.
So far, several agricultural firms have signed up to use the plant.
- Velez-Malaga Town Hall receives more than 180 tax claims - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 19:32
- Protesters march over Malaga mosquito problem - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 15:45
- Local pupils reenact victory over Britain - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 12:15
- Film about ancient treasure to be filmed in Rincon de la Victoria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 17:40
- Geothermal deposit found in Almeria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 15:58
- Estepona to host Circus festival - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 14:43
- Towns to unite to promote tourism - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 19:36
- Axarquia to host mental health conference - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 18:29
- Culture top reason tourists visit Andalucia - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 14:20
- Alleged axe attack in Axarquia - 14 Jun, 2017 @ 19:02