A NOTICE warning for would-be litterers of fines of up to €3,000 have been plastered around a Marbella town.
Residents of San Pedro de Alcantara have noticed new warnings from the local town hall sellotaped to trees and walls near rubbish bins.
The notice says residents will be fined from between €751 and €3000 for breaking the rules.
The rules state that all rubbish must be thrown out between 8pm and 11pm between April and October and between 7pm and 11pm during the rest of the year.
Paper and cardboard must be put into the blue bins, plastic in yellow bins and glass in the green bins, it warns.
For old furniture, a number must be called to arrange a pick up from the nearest bins.
“Whoever throws rubbish on the street or outisde of the containers and bins, or tries to throw out the rubbish at the wrong time, will face a fine between €751 and €3,000,” the notice reads.
The town hall were unavailable for co
mment at time of press.
It comes after San Pedro and Marbella installed 13 new rubbish collectors at the end of 2015.
The move was designed to clean up the towns and to be more environmentally friendly by dividing the waste collected into garden, plastic, glass and paper and cardboard.
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26