A MAN found stabbed to death in a car is believed to be the 15th victim of last week’s terror attacks in Catalunya.
The victim, named as Pau Perez, was found in a car that had sped through a police checkpoint following the attack on Barcelona’s Las Ramblas, which killed 13.
Officers opened fire on the vehicle and initially thought the man had been killed by gunfire.
However, they now believe suspect fugitive Younes Abouyaaqoub stabbed Perez before stealing his Ford Focus and escaping.
A Europe-wide manhunt is now underway for Abouyaaqoub, who is 5ft 11 with short, black hair.
Five terrorists were shot dead in Cambrils after members of the gang mowed down a 14th victim.
Police believe two more terrorists, including suspected ringleader and imam Abdelbaki Es Satty, died in an explosion in Alcanar on Wednesday.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00