FANS of hit fantasy series Game of Thrones are all too familiar with the show’s newest filming location.
The current seventh season sees Daenerys Targaryen return to Dragonstone, the abandoned castle where she was born that was once the ancestral home of House Targaryen.
The castle itself may be a CGI masterpiece, but the beautiful setting where the show films is completely real and FREE to visit in Spain.
A modest church rests at the top of the island, and is accessible only by a narrow set of stairs that bridge the island to Spain’s mainland.
While the monument and staircase never close to the public, getting there can prove difficult.
The site is about an hour and a half drive from the closest town while the trek up the mountain is far from easy.
The path is straightforward, but it is a steep hike and not recommended for anyone not in good physical condition.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31