LEÓN has been chosen at the Spanish Capital of Gastronomy for 2018.
Under the slogan ‘Food of the Kings’ the city’s gastronomic identity will includes extraordinary dry meat, cheeses, fruits, vegetables and legumes.
More than 155 activities will be planned throughout the city with a particular focus on tapas.
The city has the most bars in Spain and a Michelin star restaurant called Cocinandos.
It will be taking over the crown from Huevla and is the seventh city to hold the event since its inception in 2012.
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11