A BRITISH couple were stuck in Mallorca for THREE days after their Ryanair flight was cancelled and rerouted due to a French air strike.
The parents of two young children were forced to fly home via Madrid, Lanzarote and Newcastle to get home.
Samantha Breen, 30, and Alexander Rutherford, 43, were due to fly home from Palma after a five-day break for Samantha’s birthday.
But after waiting six hours at Palma Airport, they were told to catch a flight three days later, which went via the three airports.
“We were totally fobbed off by Ryanair. I will never fly with them again,” said Samantha.
During the hellish trip, the couple were forced to sleep on a bench outside Lanzarote airport while waiting for the Newcastle plane.
Samantha said the couple’s children, aged three and five, were crying on the phone that they missed their parents when they rang home.
“We were totally stuck with no money and no help from Ryanair,” added Samantha.
“We only had about 11 Euros between us. My partner had to go and buy us some Pot Noodles just to keep us going. We had no one to contact from Ryanair.”
She added that Ryanair said they would receive no compensation as the delays were caused by an air-traffic control strike.
A Ryanair spokesperson said: “The customers were provided with accommodation in Palma and were rerouted back to Newcastle (via Madrid and Lanzarote).
‘The customers were advised to keep and submit expenses and a cheque of €124.17 has been authorised. We apologise sincerely for this flight cancellation.”
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05