The owner of a Llevante Beach Club must pay €5,400 to the town hall after he knocked down and rebuilt his popular eatery on a licence that only allowed for ‘minor renovation works’.
He must pay a further €4,320 penalty for breaking the law.
A Malaga court blasted the works for building on protected land.
The owner asked for permission to extend the property in 2006, and was given the green light in 2008.
But the works, which began in late 2009, saw the bar be totally knocked down and rebuilt, exceeding the limits of the licence.
The new build also exceeded the maximum occupation allowed by Costa del Sol planning laws.
Authorities repeatedly called for the works to stop, but the owner refused to comply.
The court has sentenced the boss to a year-and-a-half prison sentence.
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13
- IN THE NICK OF TIME: Irish man arrested at Malaga airport check-in desk donning €28,000 Rolex he reported as robbed in Marbella a day earlier - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:41
- Expat stumbles upon TWO sets of human remains on Spain’s Costa del Sol during morning stroll - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 12:15
- Conservative deputy mayor arrested after police find HUNDREDS of marijuana plants growing in his home in Spain’s Andalucia - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 17:13
- Expat Marbella restaurant owner and bikini-model girlfriend arrested on money laundering and drug charges as Costa del Sol home raided - 18 Jul, 2019 @ 16:09
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27