The Ryanair mass cancellation debacle and the collapse of Monarch sent prices soaring as remaining heavyweights took adavantage of the lack of competition.
As Ryanair gets itself back together, there will be more deals to be had in the coming months, but you will have to be on the ball to get the best bargains.
Ryanair launches major flight sales every couple of months, but you will need to know when they start and react fast if you want to grab tickets to Spain and beyond for as low as €6 one way.
The cheapest time to book is in January with the airline’s sale starting in the middle of January.
It should last for approximately two weeks.
Prices change during that time and booking on weekends might be slightly more expensive.
You will find it is best to book during the week.
Ryanair’s Fare Finder handy tool can show you where you can go for a set budget and from your chosen departure airport.
But you can’t choose a date — the results show you the month you can get flights for within your set budget — so it’ll only work out if you’re flexible.
Ryanair is selling flights to destinations in 33 countries.
Meanwhile, EasyJet release their biggest flight deals around five times a year.
To make sure you’re one of the first to, it’s a good idea to subscribe to the airline’s marketing emails to be the first to know about their deals.
The budget airline’s fares are cheapest when you book early, so get in fast to get the best deals.
Always compare against the best alternatives using Skyscanner when you’re looking to bag a bargain flight.
Easyjet operates flights to destinations in over 30 countries.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13