The physician charged between €60 and €1,200 for the fake vaccinations after telling parents their kids were at a high risk of infection with diseases like measles and chicken pox.
One parent was scared into buying the jabs after the doctor, referred to only as Bernada, told her a child was dying in intensive care due to a deadly outbreak.
Bernarda worked at the Carlet medical centre and a private hospital in La Ribera de Alzira, both in Valencia.
She would charge much higher prices for the jabs than the pharmacies, even though the cost is usually covered by the Valencian authorities.
In total, she carried out 66 fake vaccinations and pocketed €12,743 between 2007 and 2011.
Most of her victims she had known for years and had become their ‘family doctor’.
She has been suspended from practicing medicine for two years, and has been forced to pay a fine of €600.
The judge is said to have taken into consideration the fact that she paid most of the money back and that she had no criminal record.
She will avoid jail time as her sentence is under the two years and one month requirement.
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13
- Homes sealed off after explosion shatters windows more than 50 metres away on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:35