The physician charged between €60 and €1,200 for the fake vaccinations after telling parents their kids were at a high risk of infection with diseases like measles and chicken pox.
One parent was scared into buying the jabs after the doctor, referred to only as Bernada, told her a child was dying in intensive care due to a deadly outbreak.
Bernarda worked at the Carlet medical centre and a private hospital in La Ribera de Alzira, both in Valencia.
She would charge much higher prices for the jabs than the pharmacies, even though the cost is usually covered by the Valencian authorities.
In total, she carried out 66 fake vaccinations and pocketed €12,743 between 2007 and 2011.
Most of her victims she had known for years and had become their ‘family doctor’.
She has been suspended from practicing medicine for two years, and has been forced to pay a fine of €600.
The judge is said to have taken into consideration the fact that she paid most of the money back and that she had no criminal record.
She will avoid jail time as her sentence is under the two years and one month requirement.
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31