SEASON two of The Grand Tour has begun with petrolheads James May, Richard Hammond and Jeremy Clarkson talking about Mallorca’s beauty and their adventures on the island this year.
The former Top Gear hosts filmed in Mallorca numerous time over the years, most recently earlier this year.
All three hosts also ended up in the hospital at some point over the filming of this season, Clarkson with a near death scare in Mallorca.
“You somehow managed to catch pneumonia on the sun kissed island of Mallorca,” commented Hammond in the series premiere on Clarkson’s five week stay in Mallorca. In the upcoming episode four, May races a KIA Stinger GT up a hill in Mallorca as an extreme roller-skater races down the hill.
Originally Hammond was going to do the race in Mallorca, but after he badly crashed an electric Rimac in the Swiss Alps May had to take over. Back in 2009, May raced in Mallorca’s fifth Classic Car Rally in a 1970 Citroen Ami 8 with glamour model Madison Welch. Hammond and Clarkson also raced in the rally and aired the comedic ordeal on their former show Top Gear.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15