The trifecta means it will be a Blue Moon, Blood Moon and a lunar eclipse all at the same time.
A Blue Moon is when two full moons happen in the same calendar month; lunar eclipses occur when the moon passes into the Earth’s shadow; and supermoons happen when the moon’s perigee — its closest approach to Earth in a single orbit — coincides with a full moon.
Tomorrow night, the supermoon also happens to be the same day as the lunar eclipse.
It means it will be a Super Blue Blood Moon.
In Spain, this supermoon can be seen ‘without any problem’ on the night of the 30 to 31, according to scientist Antonio Pérez Verde, although the eclipse will not be visible as it will occur at 2.30 pm on Wednesday.
While the Moon is in the shadow of the Earth, it will take on a reddish hue, known as the Blood Moon.
For observers in North America, Alaska or Hawaii, the eclipse will be visible before dawn on January 31.
For those in the Middle East, Asia, eastern Russia, Australia and New Zealand, the ‘super blue blood moon’ can be seen during the moonrise on the morning of the 31st.
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20
- Endangered rhino, lion, hippo and tigers part of more than 200 species found at illegal taxidermist in Spain - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 11:26