The trifecta means it will be a Blue Moon, Blood Moon and a lunar eclipse all at the same time.
A Blue Moon is when two full moons happen in the same calendar month; lunar eclipses occur when the moon passes into the Earth’s shadow; and supermoons happen when the moon’s perigee — its closest approach to Earth in a single orbit — coincides with a full moon.
Tomorrow night, the supermoon also happens to be the same day as the lunar eclipse.
It means it will be a Super Blue Blood Moon.
In Spain, this supermoon can be seen ‘without any problem’ on the night of the 30 to 31, according to scientist Antonio Pérez Verde, although the eclipse will not be visible as it will occur at 2.30 pm on Wednesday.
While the Moon is in the shadow of the Earth, it will take on a reddish hue, known as the Blood Moon.
For observers in North America, Alaska or Hawaii, the eclipse will be visible before dawn on January 31.
For those in the Middle East, Asia, eastern Russia, Australia and New Zealand, the ‘super blue blood moon’ can be seen during the moonrise on the morning of the 31st.
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13
- Homes sealed off after explosion shatters windows more than 50 metres away on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 11:35