THE prime suspect in the murder of Gabriel Ruiz has been linked to a previous death of a four-year-old girl in Spain.
Police have been investigating the girlfriend of Ruiz’s father ever since she found the young boys t-shirt ‘in a casual way’ during the week long search for him in and around his hometown of Nijar, Almeria.
Police have now discovered Quezada was looking after a four-year-old girl in Burgos when she fell through a window.
At the time the death was considered ‘accidental’, but now the security forces have opted to review all the data available to certify the circumstances of the death.
According to police sources, the agents are gathering as much information as possible about the passage of Quezada through Burgos, where she arrived from her native country, the Dominican Republic, and where still today lives her 20-year-old daughter.
Quezada participated in the numerous searches to find Gabriel.
She published several messages on her social media profiles and even made statements to the numerous media outlets that traveled to the area.
On March 1 she explained to a reporter from TVE’s La Mañana that they had taught the boy to shout if a stranger approached him.
“That morning we were having breakfast and the conversation came about, we said, ‘If you see a stranger run, do not stop.’ And look, the child disappeared that same day,” she assured the television program after interrupting a statement by Ángel Cruz, Gabriel’s father.
Quezada gave details about the minor’s personality, denying the possibility that he had left home on his own willingly.
“Gabriel would not just leave, he would not leave, he would leave home for half an hour and come back, tell him one hour and come back,” said the now-detained woman.
- 7 times town halls in Spain had us screaming ‘what were they thinking?’ - 19 May, 2019 @ 16:21
- Left-wing government could spell trouble for property investors - 19 May, 2019 @ 09:59
- GUILTY: Westley Capper and Craig Porter verdict in but ‘both will AVOID JAIL’ over Agnese Klavina disappearance, Capper to appeal - 17 May, 2019 @ 19:48
- IN PICS: The jobs of the past in Spain made (almost) obsolete by modern life - 17 May, 2019 @ 14:16
- REVEALED: The 5 towns in Malaga set to receive FREE public wifi thanks to EU initiative - 16 May, 2019 @ 14:24
- WATCH: Afilador plies his trade on Costa del Sol as one of the last to practice long-held Spanish tradition - 16 May, 2019 @ 12:40
- FLAG-RANT: Fabian Picardo steps in after American cruise ship infuriates Gibraltar with ‘Welcome to Gibraltor’ message printed on Spanish flag - 16 May, 2019 @ 11:09
- WATCH: Dramatic rescue after two ‘narco boats’ collide off Spain’s Costa del Sol - 15 May, 2019 @ 15:29
- Mystery as expat and two Lithuanians found in busted van carrying €1 MILLION CASH en route to Malaga – but NONE of them claim ownership - 15 May, 2019 @ 12:31
- ‘SOMEONE MUST KNOW’: Grandmother of missing British lad who vanished with his father from Spain’s Costa del Sol makes heartfelt appeal - 15 May, 2019 @ 10:45