THE prime suspect in the murder of Gabriel Ruiz has been linked to a previous death of a four-year-old girl in Spain.
Police have been investigating the girlfriend of Ruiz’s father ever since she found the young boys t-shirt ‘in a casual way’ during the week long search for him in and around his hometown of Nijar, Almeria.
Police have now discovered Quezada was looking after a four-year-old girl in Burgos when she fell through a window.
At the time the death was considered ‘accidental’, but now the security forces have opted to review all the data available to certify the circumstances of the death.
According to police sources, the agents are gathering as much information as possible about the passage of Quezada through Burgos, where she arrived from her native country, the Dominican Republic, and where still today lives her 20-year-old daughter.
Quezada participated in the numerous searches to find Gabriel.
She published several messages on her social media profiles and even made statements to the numerous media outlets that traveled to the area.
On March 1 she explained to a reporter from TVE’s La Mañana that they had taught the boy to shout if a stranger approached him.
“That morning we were having breakfast and the conversation came about, we said, ‘If you see a stranger run, do not stop.’ And look, the child disappeared that same day,” she assured the television program after interrupting a statement by Ángel Cruz, Gabriel’s father.
Quezada gave details about the minor’s personality, denying the possibility that he had left home on his own willingly.
“Gabriel would not just leave, he would not leave, he would leave home for half an hour and come back, tell him one hour and come back,” said the now-detained woman.
- British girl, 9, dies on Spain’s Costa del Sol ‘after eating ice cream’ - 20 Feb, 2019 @ 09:03
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18