SPAIN’S King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia dropped in to Mallorca yesterday to console those who have lost everything in the floods.
The monarchy were pictured in the advanced remote control unit, where operations are headed, but they also spoke to flood victims who had lost loved ones and suffered property damage.
Tennis star Rafael Nadal and Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez were among other famous faces to show their support to the people of Mallorca.
As the royals leave, the search and rescue mission for the missing five-year-old boy continues, who may be the last potential survivor of Tuesday’s natural disaster.
At least 12 people have been confirmed dead in the floods which began on Tuesday, including a British couple, Antony Green, 77, and his wife Delia, 75, who drowned in a taxi.
Yesterday it was confirmed that Spain’s Civil Guard are looking for cars that were washed out to sea as far as seven miles, as fears remain that there may be more fatalities.
There are 750 emergency units currently involved in operations, including 200 military troops, as well as 1,300 civilian volunteers.
Tuesday’s floods began as 250mm of rain poured down in around 5 hours.
- Around 100 British expats in Spain flying to London for huge Brexit protest THIS SATURDAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 14:06
- Gibraltarians FUMING after Ronnie O’Sullivan says he’d rather ‘sleep in pig sty’ than play snooker in Gibraltar - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:11
- WATCH: ‘Woman not wearing shoes’ sparks bloody brawl on Ryanair flight from UK to Spain - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 10:50
- Neighbours of British expat accused of murdering wife in Spain say he bugged phones and was obsessed with security - 13 Mar, 2019 @ 20:53
- Village in Spain ‘bewildered’ as Robin Hood mystery figure slides cash envelopes of up to €100 under doors - 13 Mar, 2019 @ 19:21
- Spain and rest of EU airspace closed to Boeing 737 MAX aircraft after plane crash in Ethiopia kills all 157 passengers - 12 Mar, 2019 @ 20:20
- ‘WE’RE HERE’: British expats on Costa del Sol re-launch Alzheimer’s and Dementia support charity shop - 12 Mar, 2019 @ 18:24
- Malaga judge rejects report from uncle’s lawyers claiming little Julen who died in well was killed by rescue worker’s pickaxe - 12 Mar, 2019 @ 13:39
- ‘SHE DIED IN 15 MINUTES’: Expat’s puppy in Spain had ‘seizures’ after drinking at famous lake in 4th fatal dog poisoning in week - 11 Mar, 2019 @ 17:54
- Six arrests in Spain as Guardia Civil seize 15,000 packs of cigarettes from Gibraltar that were sold in sweet shops - 11 Mar, 2019 @ 11:49