A MAN who was arrested in Spain for a double murder has been released on bail, the West Midlands police have confirmed.
The 29-year-old was held over the deaths of Daniel Shaw, 28 in Coventry and Johnny Robbins, 33.
Ben Whyley and Ryan Hobday, both 29, were named as suspects, but police say that the men have ‘gone off the radar’ and may be dead.
The pair from Coventry, have not been seen since the murders by family or friends.
The BBC reported that it is understood that the man released on bail is a previously named suspect, but did not confirm his identity.
Shaw was gunned down in Tile Hill on 25 March, while Robbins has never been found and is presumed dead.
The arrested man was brought back to the West Midlands for questioning over potential ‘involvement in a conspiracy to murder’.
A police spokesperson confirmed that he had been granted bail with the strictest conditions until the end of December.
Another suspect, a 21-year-old woman was arrested on November 21 on suspicion of assisting the offender, but she was also bailed, with conditions including confiscating her passport.
The sisters of the two victims are working on a joint appeal and there is a £10,000 reward in place to catch the killers.
People with information are advised to contact the West Midlands Police Homicide Team via 101 on 0121 428 6127 or email [email protected]
- BREXIT FOOD MAP: Which Spanish produce will be most affected when the UK leaves the EU? - 24 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- FIGHT THE POWER: Olive Press launches campaign to stop network of 352 pylons ‘destroying’ Andalucia’s Lecrin Valley and Alpujarras - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- British comedy legend Jason Manford to perform in Gibraltar THIS SUMMER for first time ever - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 18:53
- WATCH: Netflix trailer for NEW natural history series narrated by Spain’s Penelope Cruz and David Attenborough - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 12:12
- British woman in Spain arrested over murder of homeless Romanian man with no legs who was strangled and set on fire - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 10:40
- WINDY WEATHER: Parts of Costa del Sol to be battered by gusts of over 70km/h THIS WEEKEND - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- ‘HE WAS ALWAYS SMILING’: British baby boy dies suddenly at airport in Spain as family caught flight home from holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 10:28
- British parents reveal son, 6, suffers deafness and rare diabetes after his face was paralysed when arcade machine fell on him on Spain holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 09:43
- WATCH: Matador in Spain flung in air by bull and gored in buttocks before being rushed to hospital for surgery - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 10:33
- GIBRALTAR VS IRELAND: Fan zone, time, TV and everything else you need to know for Euro 2020 qualifier THIS WEEKEND - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 13:26