A MAN who was arrested in Spain for a double murder has been released on bail, the West Midlands police have confirmed.
The 29-year-old was held over the deaths of Daniel Shaw, 28 in Coventry and Johnny Robbins, 33.
Ben Whyley and Ryan Hobday, both 29, were named as suspects, but police say that the men have ‘gone off the radar’ and may be dead.
The pair from Coventry, have not been seen since the murders by family or friends.
The BBC reported that it is understood that the man released on bail is a previously named suspect, but did not confirm his identity.
Shaw was gunned down in Tile Hill on 25 March, while Robbins has never been found and is presumed dead.
The arrested man was brought back to the West Midlands for questioning over potential ‘involvement in a conspiracy to murder’.
A police spokesperson confirmed that he had been granted bail with the strictest conditions until the end of December.
Another suspect, a 21-year-old woman was arrested on November 21 on suspicion of assisting the offender, but she was also bailed, with conditions including confiscating her passport.
The sisters of the two victims are working on a joint appeal and there is a £10,000 reward in place to catch the killers.
People with information are advised to contact the West Midlands Police Homicide Team via 101 on 0121 428 6127 or email [email protected]
- Death of British teen in Spain who was third to die at same apartment block ‘could have been prevented’ - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 13:38
- OH MY GOGH: Gun Van Gogh ‘killed himself with’ to be auctioned off while southern Spain tour of his work continues - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 12:30
- CASTING CALL: Netflix needs male and female extras in Spain’s Andalucia for new drama series - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 10:57
- POSH: Brits Victoria and David Beckham jet into Spain’s Andalucia for celeb wedding of year catered for by Dani Garcia - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 16:54
- WATCH: Shocking moment bullring volunteer in Spain gored to death in front of 2,000 fans as bull ran back into pen - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 12:52
- Facial recognition cameras installed at Gibraltar Airport - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00
- UK Government denies issuing ‘fresh warning’ of terror threat in Spain - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:34
- UK primary school hires convicted CHILD KILLER from Spain’s Andalucia who stabbed schoolgirl victim 32 times - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:44
- REVEALED: These countries made the most asylum applications to Spain so far this year - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:20
- PALM BEACH: The curious pop history of the Costa del Sol’s most famous chiringuito freshly refurbished for summer - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 11:00