PARTS of Andalucia are on orange and yellow alert today as Spain’s weather agency AEMET predict strong weather across the coast.
AEMET have forecast 80km/h winds in Estrecho, Cadiz, while Malaga could see waves of up to four metres high.
Estrecho is placed on orange alert for coastal wind and waves, meaning an important risk in the area.
Meanwhile, the provinces of Granada, Malaga and Almeria are all on yellow wind alerts, indicating a risk in these places.
Most of the alerts are set to be in place until around 6:00pm this evening, according to AEMET’s website.
- Gibraltar’s Chief Minister Fabian Picardo will ‘celebrate’ if Brexit cancelled - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 19:28
- Police investigation as British woman in Spain smashed in head by lorry doors and airlifted to hospital - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:59
- British expats in Spain among 100 homeowners to face compulsory purchases of land due to huge pylon network - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:04
- ‘Frightening’ moment on Thomas Cook flight to Spain as squishy cat toy explodes in British seven-year-old’s face - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 16:10
- Spain could snatch €1 billion Royal Navy ship contract ahead of British firms despite wargames over Gibraltar - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 12:40
- Gibraltar to install 17 speed bumps on Rock to protect ‘vulnerable’ baby monkeys from drivers - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 13:44
- Number of Brits on Costa del Sol increases for first time since before Brexit - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:14
- Man in Spain arrested over double knife attack at Ryanair check-in desk that saw woman stabbed in ear - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:33
- Tourism companies in Spain outraged at being handed limits on daily beach visitors with some as low as 250 per day - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 16:05
- WATCH: Dramatic moment huge tree smashes into crowd in Spain during Easter event - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 15:15