AN elderly Spanish ‘vandal’ has been arrested for the 12th time in a year for ‘scratching’ 1,000 cars.
José Antonio Vázquez Vázquez, 79, is accused of causing €500,000 in damage after damaging cars and jamming the locks with toothpicks.
Police held the man in El Calvario, northwest Spain, where he is also alleged to have beaten up some of his ‘victims’.
A ‘psychiatric evaluation’ did not reveal any problems with the septuagenarian, who said, ‘I had varicose veins surgery, I no longer know where I’m going’.
- Five Guardia Civil officers jailed in Spain for tobacco smuggling through Gibraltar - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:44
- WATCH: Dad in Spain pulls live parasite from daughter’s ‘cooked’ Mercadona fish forcing supermarket to defend seafood - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 11:20
- Costa del Sol police arrest young mum for trying to throw daughter, three, out of 10th floor apartment window - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 17:17
- Spanish navy boat with guns manned in war games with British off Gibraltar for second time in fortnight - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 11:24
- KISS AND TELL: From cave mamas to world records, Belinda Beckett chronicles the history of the snog - 17 Feb, 2019 @ 13:00
- Max Beach in Mijas taken over by Costa del Sol restaurant owners Metro Group - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 18:16
- Franco’s body WILL be dug up just hours after Spain’s Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 16:09
- Hacienda Beach in Estepona makes the perfect summer getaway and here’s why - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:12
- Liverpool players find time for fun on Marbella winter training trip despite ‘no sunlight’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:57
- Pedro Sanchez calls snap general election in Spain for April 28 - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 10:59