ALEX Batty, the British boy who vanished in Malaga, is still missing as he has just turned 13 years old.
His mum, Melanie Batty, 37, and grandad David Batty, 59, are both wanted in connection with Alex’s abduction.
Detectives in the case are now re-appealing for help, following Alex’s birthday on February 13.
Melanie is not the teenager’s legal guardian, despite taking him on a trip to Spain on September 30 2017, with Alex’s grandad.
After staying in Benahavis, the family, from Oldham, were due to return home on October 8 2017.
But police investigations revealed that the trio may have tried to make the journey from Malaga Port to Melilla on the same date.
Detective Constable Declan O’Reilly, of Oldham Police, said: “Despite being over two years since Alex was last seen, I would urge people to keep him in their mind as his grandmother, family and friends here in Oldham have celebrated another one of his birthdays without him.”
O’Reilly went on to describe Alex’s grandmother, Susan Caruana, as ‘absolutely desperate’ to get her grandson back, and asked the public to get in touch with any information they may have.
Alex is white, with blond hair, about 5ft, slim and has a northern accent.
The public can contact police on 0161 856 2234 (+44 161 856 8934 if you are abroad) or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Pedro Sanchez leads tributes to 14-year-old killed in motorcycle race in Spain’s Andalucia - 25 Mar, 2019 @ 11:25
- BREXIT FOOD MAP: Which Spanish produce will be most affected when the UK leaves the EU? - 24 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- FIGHT THE POWER: Olive Press launches campaign to stop network of 352 pylons ‘destroying’ Andalucia’s Lecrin Valley and Alpujarras - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 09:00
- British comedy legend Jason Manford to perform in Gibraltar THIS SUMMER for first time ever - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 18:53
- WATCH: Netflix trailer for NEW natural history series narrated by Spain’s Penelope Cruz and David Attenborough - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 12:12
- British woman in Spain arrested over murder of homeless Romanian man with no legs who was strangled and set on fire - 22 Mar, 2019 @ 10:40
- WINDY WEATHER: Parts of Costa del Sol to be battered by gusts of over 70km/h THIS WEEKEND - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 11:03
- ‘HE WAS ALWAYS SMILING’: British baby boy dies suddenly at airport in Spain as family caught flight home from holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 10:28
- British parents reveal son, 6, suffers deafness and rare diabetes after his face was paralysed when arcade machine fell on him on Spain holiday - 21 Mar, 2019 @ 09:43
- WATCH: Matador in Spain flung in air by bull and gored in buttocks before being rushed to hospital for surgery - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 10:33