WOODY Allen is preparing for a summer of filming in Spain as more details of his latest project have emerged.
The controversial US director will be shooting a romantic comedy which will star Austrian star Christoph Waltz.
According to production studio Mediapro, the untitled film will follow a married American couple who attend the San Sebastian film festival only to fall in love with different people.
Filming is set to begin July 10 in Spain.
“She has an affair with a brilliant French movie director, and he falls in love with a beautiful Spanish woman who lives there,” the studio confirmed in a statement.
“It is a comedy-romance that resolves itself in a funny but romantic way.”
Mediapro Studios worked alongside Allen for Vicky Cristina Barcelona and Midnight In Paris, which both received several Oscar nominations.
“At Mediapro we’ve been working with Woody Allen for 14 years. His films, like every project the group produces, have a unique personality,” said Mediapro founder Jaume Roures.
“This latest movie has all the ingredients to be right up there along with what we’ve become accustomed to from a director of Woody Allen’s talent: an intelligent script and a first-rate international cast. In addition, we’re delighted to be able to shoot the movie in a city such as San Sebastian, which has such strong ties to cinema.”
Cristoph Waltz will be joined by Elena Anaya, Louis Garrel, Gina Gershon, Sergi López and Wally Shawn as well as production company Gravier Productions.
It comes after Allen’s last film A Rainy Day in New York was shelved by Amazon after fresh outcry over the sexual abuse allegations made against him by his daughter Dylan Farrow.
Allen denies the charges.
- BREAKING: Reports of Vodafone being down in Spain - 18 Jun, 2019 @ 15:29
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29